Dr. Dylan Reinhart is one of the main characters in the CBS crime drama series Instinct.
He is a former CIA operative who is lured back to his old life when the NYPD needs his help to stop a serial killer and is a gifted author and university professor living a quiet life teaching psychopathic behavior to packed classes of adoring students.
Dylan Reinhart is an openly gay man who is currently married to Andrew Wilson.
- He is an openly gay author and happily in a relationship.
- As a child, he was a subject in a psychological study. His study partner, John, was damaged by the psychologist to the point that Dylan’s successes were a stressor for John’s murder spree, and his dreams motivation for choosing victims. Dylan was less visibly affected, but not unaffected by this study.
- Dylan has phonographic memory.
- Dylan's father is also in the CIA and has read his book, Freaks.
- He was one of the best CIA case officers and Dylan's father used to want to be as good as he was.
- Dylan's mother died of cancer in a hospital. This was a causing factor of his hatred towards hospitals.
- Dylan quit the CIA to lead a happy relationship with his husband, Andrew Wilson.
- Dylan has a love for Beethoven.
- He has a peanut allergy.
- He is afraid of heights.